I first had this appetizer at on of my brother’s wedding showers, and I absolutely had. to. have. this recipe. I served this at my hubby’s b-day party, along with my fabulous guacamole, and this was the first thing gone – by a mile. It is easy – but impressive. My favorite kind of cooking. Enjoy!
Marinated Cheese Appetizer
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash salt (to taste)
- 1 dash black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
Using a small dish, place cheese slices on end alternating cheddar and cream cheese.
Make the marinade by combining sugar, basil, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, pimento, parsley, onion and garlic.
Pour marinade over cheese, cover and refrigerate overnight.
Serve with crackers.