Did you ever go to the ball park as a kid and get those enormous dill pickles? Or eat dill pickle chips? I loved that stuff as a kid – always been a salt over sweets kinda person. Here’s a grown up version of that flavor for our Friday Feed.
Recipe: Dill Fingerling Potatoes
- This is one of my favorite recipes from Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. It’s easy, simple and everyone loves it. Just leave it on the stove and do your other cooking. In 30 minutes, it’ll be ready in all it’s salty and savory goodness. Save your leftover dill for later in the week – I have another recipe for it coming soon.
Recipe and Image Source
Dill Fingerling Potatoes
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Level: Easy
- Serves: 3 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 pounds fingerling potatoes, rinsed but not peeled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
Melt the butter in a Dutch oven or large heavy-bottomed pot. Add the whole potatoes, salt, and pepper, and toss well. Cover the pot tightly and cook over low heat for 20 to 30 minutes, until the potatoes are just tender when tested with a small knife. From time to time, shake the pot without removing the lid to prevent the bottom potatoes from burning. Turn off the heat and allow the potatoes to steam for another 5 minutes. Don’t overcook. Toss with the dill, and serve hot.
• • • • •